Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Power Pivot, a free addin for Excel, written by Microsoft, puts the "power" into Pivot Tables (hence the name!). Power Pivot removes many of limitations and frustrations that many advanced users find with Pivot Tables. For example, using Power Pivot you can:
• Create Pivot Tables from multiple Excel-based lists without using VLOOKUP
• Create Pivot Tables from large datasets without worrying about file size or performance
• Combine together related data from multiple data sources (Excel, database, text file etc) into a single Pivot Table
• Create powerful calculations on the data in your Pivot Tables
If you want to take your reporting capabilities to the next level by learning about Microsoft Excel business intelligence and how to use Power Pivot, this is a must-attend training session!
• Importing data into Power Pivot - the why and how
• Using the Data Model to create and manage relationships
• The benefits of using the Data Model
• How to create Pivot Table in Excel from related Excel tables
• Creating a Pivot Table from related data sources (including external sources)
• Creating powerful calculated fields in a Pivot Table
In this Excel Pivot Table training, you will learn, using practical examples, how to use Power Pivot and how it provides Business Intelligence functionality & reporting within the familiar environment of Excel.
This advanced Excel training is aimed at users of Excel (2010 and above for Windows) who wish to learn about Power Pivot. Attendees should have at least intermediate knowledge of Excel and be familiar with formulas and creating Pivot tables.
Years of Experience: 30+ years
Areas of Expertise: Microsoft Office and Apple Mac
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. He is a subject matter expert in a range of technologies including Microsoft Office and Apple Mac. In 2012, he founded theexceltrainer.co.uk where he has produced nearly 200 written and video-based Excel tutorials. He has recorded several Excel training courses for pluralsight.com and in his career delivered hundreds of courses and webinars on a variety of Excel topics.
Mr. Thomas is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organizations across a diverse range of sectors. In addition to training, he also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes.View all trainings by this speaker