This webinar has been approved for 1.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form.
"For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute's® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval."
Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1.5 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
As enterprises have been growing far and wide, often international in scope, we find ourselves as executives and managers with our talent spread farther and farther, often at dozens and hundreds of locations. How do we ‘get a better handle’ on all this?
• Are you concerned about how much time and productivity your people arewasting?
• What about lost energy, efficiency and effectiveness, especially because people are so “spread out”?
• Would you like to ‘tame the paper tiger’ and reduce so much needless paperwork?
• Have you ever been concerned about people “following the rules” … you know, ‘out of sight, out of mind’?
• Would you like to be able to more effectively spot problems, even when you are hundreds to thousands of miles away?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through those important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to improve our team members’ and team’s performance, no matter how widely distributed everyone is!
What We Will Cover
Maintain Order While Managing Long-Distance
• How to give multiple locations a business “road map” that’ll keep them headed in the right direction
• How to create crystal-clear procedures that off-site staff will follow to the letter
• Expert insight on “friendly” competition between sites . . . could this be doing your company more harm than good?
• Discuss today’s long-distance management challenges and brainstorm possible solutions
• How to quickly smooth things over when you have to lay down the law and enforce an unpopular policy . . . from a distance
• The one action you must take if you want to significantly slow down the paper blizzard from multiple locations
Stay In Touch — And Control — No Matter What
• How to keep your finger on the pulse of off-site action without making employees feel like “Big Brother” is watching
• What responsibilities you must shoulder alone . . . and when you can safely share the load with off-site employees
• A common — but deadly — management mistake that’ll ensure an off-site office will never trust your motives
• Determine the fastest way to get a poorly performing location up to speed
• How to quickly and accurately check the quality of products or services at any location
• The inside secrets to creating a lasting bond between off-sites so every employee feels like they’re on the same team
Establish Quality-Minded Teams You Can Rely On
• How to structure teams so they’ll pull together . . . no matter which site they’re from
• How to ease resentment at a satellite location when a home-office employee is chosen for a promotion
• The only way to handle teams that were established before your time without decreasing productivity
• How to build an “emergency response” team that’ll know what can be handled independently . . . and when to call you immediately
Troubleshoot Off-Site Problems Like A Pro
• How often you should be visiting each site . . . any less and you’re begging for trouble
• Phone or face-to-face? The best way to approach a site problem without alienating anyone
• How to put a stop to childish disputes between sites . . . without taking sides or making matters worse
• Develop a reward system that’ll motivate employees from all levels at every location
• How to determine whether you should coach . . . counsel . . . or warn the entire staff at a location about their performance
• An action plan that’ll help you handle any “cover-up” you might find . . . no matter how large or small
• How to ensure the “isolation factor” won’t turn into a problem at remote locations
By attending this Leading Virtual Teams Training, you will understand how to even more effectively:
• Boost productivity at every location
• Significantly cut down on paperwork
• Know off-site employees are following the rules, period, including home-office rules
• Spot problems even when you’re far away
• Senior Vice President
• Vice President
• Executive Director
• Managing Director
• Regional Vice President
• Area Supervisor
Years of Experience: 37+ years
Areas of Expertise: Management and Organizational Development
Chris DeVany is the Founder and President of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organizational development. Pinnacle’s clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He has been a consultant to government agencies like the Federal Government of the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Government of Canada, Government of Cayman Islands and Her Majesty's Government of the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity and work-life balance. His publications range widely, touching all important aspects, right from ASTD/Performance in Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, “90 Days to a High-Performance Team”, published by McGraw Hill, has helped executives, managers and team leaders improve their performance and professional decisions. Chris has been interviewed for various radio and television programs.
He has assisted organizations in merger, acquisitions and facilitated post-merger and acquisition integration. He has also actively been a mentor in developing project management, sales, customer service and marketing strategies, in-bound and out-bound call center programs, training and development management and new hirees. Fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovative initiatives is his forte! He is a Boston University alumnus, with degrees in management studies and organizational behavior.View all trainings by this speaker