Training Doyens is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
The team leader must know the difference between team and working group. They must also know how to manage a remote team and how to engage employees during work from home. This presentation will cover in-depth the 6 skills needed to form a “team”. Key is the shift from hierarchical leadership to team-based structure.
Team must be a cooperative unit. There are 6 key skills to be a successful team leader. For effective remote workforce management, the leader must understand how good teams form, how to motivate team to improve performance and how to keep team members engaged even when they are remote and meetings are virtual.
• Definition of a Team - even if all the members are remote and meet virtually
• How a team builds trust
• Keys to motivating team members
• Open communication builds trust and constructive discussions (“Conflict”) improves outcomes
• Challenges of managing remote employees and understanding the importance of “ground rules”
• Express a team vision or unifying purpose: from me to “we”
• Assign team member “roles” based on people’s strengths
• Reinforce group identity by involving the “team” in the determination of objectives to increase engagement
• Shift from hierarchies to team-based structures
• Enable team members to act and make decisions to create opportunities
• Definition of a Team
• How to motivate team to improve performance
• How to establish team cohesiveness
• Importance of team vision
• How members move from me to “we”
• How to assign team member “roles”
• How to reinforce team identity to increase engagement
• Performance management for remote workers
• Individual Contributors
• High Potentials
• Baby Boomers
Years of Experience: 20+ years
Areas of Expertise: Leadership, Executive Presence, Career Transitioning and Communication Skills
She has been coaching leaders for 15 years and consults on talent and leadership development, assessment tools, and leadership models. She uses premium assessments and 360s tools to solidify her clients’ understanding of their strengths and developmental areas. Her coaching approach increases her clients’ success rates in reaching their goals and broadening their career opportunities.
Clients agree after working with Valerie they have:
She demonstrates superior professionalism and discretion with her clients. She was featured in Choice Magazine (coaching industry publication) in the September 2016 issue for her article on “Generational Similarities and How to Manage the Multi-Generational Workplace”.
Valerie has 20+ years of leadership experience at ATT and HP (EDS) in product management, financial analysis, economic analysis, and regulatory affairs. This business experience along with her current entrepreneurial success benefits her clients; they view Valerie as someone who understands and has firsthand experience with organizational situations.
She presents webinars on current leadership topics, team leadership, coaching models for managers/leaders, ways to engage and motivate employees, and leadership for the 21st century and multi-generational workplace.
She is certified by the global standards organization, ICF at PCC level; she also mentors and assesses new coaches as part of their coaching certification. She received her coaching training at University of Texas Dallas in Organizational Behavior and Executive Coaching.
She is certified in premium assessment and 360s: MBTI, Hogan, DISC, Extraordinary Leader 360, MLQ 360, Lominger Voices.View all trainings by this speaker